Wednesday, December 28, 2016

2016 is winding down...

...there are only 2 more working days in the year and then it's time for a nice 3 day weekend from work!  This year has been one of many ups and downs, thankfully more downs in my debt reduction and more ups in my net worth. 

I feel like I've become somewhat complacent though in my debt journey.  I've been going through the motions, but not really challenging myself to make great strides toward that wonderland of being debt free.  I've been reading everything I can lately to motivate myself and working toward that happiness of not paying bills every payday and having little to nothing left.  I've read so many success stories and I want that life so badly, so what I've been asking myself, do I want it badly enough to make the necessary sacrifices.  This is going to take some time, but Rome wasn't built in a day, was it? 

I'm still looking at what my goals for 2017 are going to be, and I will post them here when I have decided on them, but I want to give it some real thought before committing to them as I don't want to make them and then not be able to keep them.  Know what I mean? 

One goal I know I will make and keep is my final loan payment to my parents in April 2017.  It's an annual payment and the final payment for the assistance they gave me with the down payment for my condo 10 years ago. I'm so excited to get this final payment to them I can hardly stand it. 

Other than that, I would like to keep from incurring any additional credit card debt, but I have to remind myself that this also means I can't be overzealous when making payments only to find myself coming up short before payday and needing to pull out the credit card to make ends meet.  This will take a new thought process for me when paying bills, but I'm going to try my best. 

Since I said I wasn't going to post my goals yet, I will close for now, give them more thought and post again when they are ready.  Until then, I hope everyone has a happy and healthy new year! 

Current debt:  $213,676.90

No comments: