Monday, October 10, 2016

Plugging away...

I know, I know....once again it has been far too long since my last post.  Wow! That almost sounds like going to confession.  :) 

Not too much going on around here.  I'm happy to say that my silence doesn't mean that I've been overspending and trying to hide it from y'all.  It just means I've been busy out and about and enjoying life.  Well, this past week, I've been sick, but other than that, I've been really enjoying life.  I haven't used my credit cards AT ALL for the past 2 months and that feels great!  It's so exciting to see the balance going down, not just bouncing up and down as is my usual way.  I've been working really hard at not overpaying and putting myself in a bind with too little cash available until payday and then having to pull the card out. I've also been doing a lot of cleaning out of "stuff" in my life and minimizing my stuff to keeping things I love and that create joy in my life.  The less stuff I have, the happier I seem to be.  Whodathunkit?! 

Other than that, not much going on.  I've been cooking a lot more at home and trying new recipes, using things I already have on hand to make dinners and taking advantage of the free lunch we have at work.  Why in the world would I spend money going out to eat at lunch when we have free options right in our office.  Duh! 

I'm still thinking about what to do about my rental condo.  Do I want to continue to hold on to it, renting it out and being a landlord, or do I want to sell it when this current tenant moves out?  Grrr....I just don't know.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?  My renter pays the mortgage, but I still am underwater each month to the tune of $ 224.81.  Of course I do get the tax benefits, but is it worth it?

I found a great new blog today that I am excited to start following.  Flirting with Minimalism!  She's currently on week 6 of her Spending Fast and although she's had some ups and downs, she seems to have made great progress already.  I am very inspired by what I've read so far and look forward to her updates. 

I'm going to close out for now, but I am really going to try to get better about posting more frequently.  I promise!


Current debt:  $215,340.  (UGH! This is higher than I wanted it to be!) 

No comments: