Thursday, October 27, 2016

Addtional savings all for NOT doing something...

It's almost open enrollment time for our health care benefits at work and as such, the email came out today with the new premiums along with some additional news.  I'm fortunate in that my company is absorbing most of the increase to premiums this year, so it will increase my deduction by less than $3.00 pretax.  Not a bad deal if you ask me.  BUT, the additional news was...if you are a smoker, it will cost you almost $50 more per month to have coverage.  Thankfully for me, I never have been, nor will I ever be a smoker, so that's a $600/year savings right there.  Woohoo!  Gotta love it when you see big savings like that without having to change a thing. 

I will happily continue to be a non-smoker! 

Current debt:  $215,131.54.  (still dropping at a snail's pace, but hoping the bonus tomorrow helps!)

No comments: