Tuesday, July 1, 2014

2nd half of 2014

It's so hard for me to believe that we've hit the halfway point of the year and are on the downhill side of 2014.  Seems like it was just Christmas and New Years.  Sheesh!  Where does the time go?  I'm feeling pretty good about where I stand with the first half of the year, but I'd be happier with greater debt reduction, but don't I always feel this way?  I'm excited to see the value of my home increasing and I'm within reach of treading water, no longer drowning in what I owe v. what it's worth.  YAY!  I'm working on getting the car loan down as quick as possible too and am working diligently to keep my expenses down and my income up.  All overtime was shut down at my work, but I still managed to get a little in here and there.  It's not much, but I've always tried not to live on  my paycheck with overtime and use that windfall towards debt reduction.  Since it's stopped, debt reduction has slowed, but the little bit I've had lately is going straight to paying that car note down.  Slowly but surely getting there.  I've also been little Suzy Homemaker lately cooking from scratch and doing things myself that in the past I've paid people to do.  Silly really!  All in all, it seems to be paying off, which is exactly what I'm doing to my debt balance!  Woohoo!

Midway point in the year!!

Current debt balance:  $226,404.00  (long way to get it under $200,000, but looking better all the time!) 

No comments: