Tuesday, July 1, 2014

1/2 the year is gone...

Where does the time go?  It's hard to believe we are halfway through 2014 and on the way to 2015.  I've made some really great progress in so many areas of my financial life and in my personal life so far this year. I'm excited to see what happens in the 2nd half of 2014, so far it's been one of my best years in a long, long time.  I wake up each morning happy with my life and look forward to seeing where it takes me going forward.  I've met a great guy and we've been together since almost the start of the year, I've made good progress in my debt reduction, could be better, but it's headed in the right direction.  And I've continued putting money away for my retirement, even finally starting to contribute again to my Roth IRA, it's been several years since I've been able to do that, so that feels really great!  Lately I've been enjoying a lot of vacation time, most spent at home and I must say, I've really enjoyed it.  Makes me think planning for retirement is EXTREMELY important and something I look forward to enjoying. 

2 comments:

downstairsandindebt said...

Hard to believe we're already half way through! Check out my blog- I've nominated you for the Liebster Award :)

tmgbooks.com said...

Hello! No one really wants to save for retirement. Instead, I suggest you save to achieve financial independence.

If you think about it, in order to truly retire, that is, to be 100% free of the need for any earned income, you will first need to be financially independent. I am financially independent and I have been since 2007. I left my full-time job all those years ago but I never retired!

You might think it's just semantics but words matter, Words reveal our attitudes and beliefs. And retirement, the word, itself, I mean, has some baggage that there is no need to carry.