Total debt load...

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Plugging away....

Not too much going on here these days, just trying to keep reducing the debt total and not spend unnecessarily.  I have been pretty good with my grocery shopping and am doing fairly well at stocking up on sale items without buying unneeded items.  I've been trying to coupon as much as possible lately and have even been able to donate several items to the women's shelter.  When I can buy toothpaste for $0.25 or free, I like to get as many as I can and donate them.  I have my credit card paid down to ZERO and am working like mad to get that $2,000 saved up to make my annual loan payment to my parents.  After that I can really attack the car loan which I've managed to reduce over $2,000 since refinancing it in late November.  I'm currently ahead on payments to the point where my next payment is not really due until May 9th, however we all know I won't wait that long to make my next payment.  More likely than not, I will be making another payment before the end of February.  :)  I just love to see that number continue to plummet!  Tax refund has been received and is now sitting in my savings account waiting for the end of April when I write my parents the loan payment.  After that I will only have 3 more years of payments to them.  Can't wait to have that one done.  Like I said though, not too much going on around here.  This is my least favorite time of year and I find that I tend to hibernate, so there isn't much to report.  Looking forward to spring coming. 


Current debt:  $231,005.87 (almost down under $231,000!!) 

1 comment:

LBC Teacher said...

Do you have the breakdown of your debt posted anywhere? Just curious, because you have a big ticker, but I'm curious (aka nosy) about how many debts you have/which ones are close to being paid off.

Good for you for taking care of the debt payment to your parents first! I'm sure they appreciate your respect in that way!