Thursday, January 16, 2014

2013 taxes are filed and I will be receiving a small refund...

of $377.  Had I not had so many medical expenses last year, my tax payments would have been pretty close to dead on and I would have received a refund of less than $30.  I'm really happy with the way that my refund came out this year.  I'm perfectly happy with coming out about dead even, that means that I'm not letting the government use my money interest free for the year.  And I don't have to pay them which means I'm going to keep my deductions the same for the next year and hope for the best again next year.  I'm wondering how long it will take for my refund to end up in my account.  I think I'll use it to reduce my car loan debt even more and get that darn thing paid off sooner. 


I'm also participating in the 52 Week Money Challenge this year, although I've decided to do it in reverse order of what you see here.  I'll be depositing this money in to a different savings account to do something fun or frivolous with at the end of the year, or maybe I'll use it to add to my Roth IRA.  Either way, I think by doing this in the reverse order I will get the higher deposit weeks out of the way earlier and I will be earning interest on greater amounts of money for a longer period of time.  Anyone else doing this or ever heard of it? 


I guess that's all for now.  Have a great weekend!!


Current debt:  $232,234.94

No comments: