Friday, January 10, 2014

10 Days in to the New Year and...

so far, I'm doing really well on not over spending.  I've been cooking at home and bringing my lunch to work.  Trying to have as many "NO SPEND" days as possible and doing what I can to cut costs.  I have a few more things left to do to really make an impact, but I've made really good progress.  That being said, I've also been trying to get out and experience more things in my own neighborhood.  Staying on a budget and paying off debt doesn't mean you have to stop living.  In fact, I think it's made me find more things to do that are free or less expensive than when I've had more money, or thought I had more money to spend.  (which would be why I now have debt to pay off!) 

I've had 7 days in which I've not spent any money and 3 days in which I've not driven anywhere.  I've spent some great days at home taking care of projects that I've been meaning to do for quite some time.  I've cleaned out closets and cupboards, made some donations to Salvation Army which will help come tax time next year.  I've spent a lot of time on my budget and tweaking where I can and looking for ways to save even more.  I've been reading cookbooks for easy meals for one.  I've really cut back on my diet Coke habit, I'm down to 1 per day and I've been drinking lots of water.  I'm amazed at the difference in my skin and how I feel.  I still like diet Coke and don't plan to give it up completely, but I have to say, that one per day TASTES so much better than when I was drinking 6.  Better for my body and better for my wallet!  :)

That's all for now. 

Current debt:  $232,316.87  (getting there...)

No comments: