Monday, November 11, 2013

Only 6 weeks to go until Christmas???

What the heck?  How did that happen and where did this year go?  It seems like it was just New Year's Day and I was looking at my total debt and anticipating where it would be by the end of the year.  With only 7 weeks left in the year, I'm not thinking there will be much more reduction than the usual $1000 or so, possibly closer to $1500, but that's about it.  I'm disappointed in this, but I have to remember that I made some big leaps and bounds in other areas of my life that were expensive.  And I am ending the year with less debt than I started, so I have to look at that as progress.  Besides, slow and steady wins the race, correct?  I've been a little lax on watching my spending lately too and I must reign that in if I want to make greater progress this next year!  My goal is to have my car paid off by Jan. 1, 2016 and remaining credit card debt free.  I'd also like to have the personal loan to my parents paid off by then, that would be 2 years early and would make me really happy.  They aren't in any hurry for the money, but I'd feel better knowing that I've paid them in full.  With all of these items paid, my only debt would be my mortgage and I could really amp up the repayment of that and fully funding my emergency fund retirement each year.  I'm currently all about getting rid of debt and hoping to simplify my life, getting rid of material things and downsizing.  I'd love to have the opportunity to do whatever I wanted without regard to debt and having to stay working for the man to pay my bills.  With less material things, my life can be simpler.  What are your thoughts on this?

Current debt:  $233,883.08  (darn I wish this were further down at this point!)

No comments: