Monday, January 28, 2013

Will I ever be able to retire???

Last week I met with my financial planner and while it was good to hear what he had to say, it was also somewhat depressing. I will be turning 41 in about a month and that is making me think how much I am looking forward to retiring someday. I’m not an extravagant person and don’t anticipate being so in retirement either, but as things look right now, even without having a lot of wants for my retirement years, I will be lucky if I can retire by the time I’m 70! UGH! I really don’t want to think about working for another 29 years! It was good for me to hear this as hopefully it will be the kick in the butt that I need to buckle down and not only contribute to my 401K, but also to get back on track to fully funding my Roth IRA each year. I haven’t added anything to that since 2008. For shame! Now that I have my credit card paid of completely and am working on the car loan, I will continue to put most of my money toward that, but my goal is to also fully fund the Roth IRA this year, that’s adding $5,500for the year. This might be a little over aggressive, but I’ll give it a try! Nothing ventured nothing gained! How are you doing on your retirement goals?




Current debt: $231,114.94 ($500 car payment hitting this Friday will put this under $231,000)

No comments: