Monday, January 14, 2013

Extra money???

Is there such a thing? J What do you do with extra cash, bonus money, found money…whatever you call it? I used mine to pay down my credit card and now that I no longer have credit card debt, I thought about applying it to my car loan as that’s my next target, but I recently earned a little extra money from some surveys I did and instead of putting it toward my car loan I decided to reward myself a little and put it on my Starbucks gift card so that I can enjoy a few treats. I earn quite a bit throughout the year on surveys and I seem to have a knack for finding money while out running errands, so for a little bit at least I’m going to treat myself to a few indulgences that I had denied myself while paying off the credit card. I earned Starbucks gift cards from both Swagbucks and Bing. I’m going to allow myself to treats with these bonuses at least through April while I have less discretionary income due to making my annual loan payment to my parents and paying for my football season tickets as well as all the family birthdays that come up this time of year. After that, once May starts, I don’t anticipate the big expenses that I usually have in the first part of the year. I’ll re-evaluate what to do with found/bonus money at that point.
I hope you are all having a great start to 2013!
Current debt: $231,230.18

No comments: