Saturday, November 17, 2012

Are you ready for the holidays???

It's hard for me to believe it's already this time of year again, where has 2012 gone?  I'm spending a quiet day at home today, not venturing out in to the chaos.  This will probably be the last weekend like this for me until the new year.  I'm enjoying watching football and baking some cookies for my lunch this weekend.  Working on my shopping list for gifts and what I'll need this week for my contribution for Thanksgiving dinner.  I took advantage of the great coupons and loss leaders at my local grocery stores and was able to get a large bag full of groceries for little to no money to donate at the food drive at work.  I've listed a bunch more things on eBay for a friend and she's going to pay me a commission for helping her, currently her items are selling for over $500! 

Dear friends were supposed to be in town this weekend, but they had to postpone the trip, probably not until after the new year now.  :(  They made the decision to postpone due to some expenses related to the trip and while I'm disappointed they aren't here, I am proud of them for making the financially smart decision to wait until the trip was more manageable for them. 

So, while there's not much to report from here, I'm enjoying the day and looking forward to a holiday season that is not as stressful as they usually are.  I feel really organized and ready for the season. 

Current debt:  $233,351 (stayed the same since last time, at least it's not going up!)

No comments: