Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I thought twice about spending...

I was going to go to Costco on my way home from work today which would have put a pretty big dent in my wallet, then I thought twice about it.  I knew going straight from work without eating dinner would almost double my bill there and I'd come home with all kinds of snacks that tomorrow I'd look at and feel so guilty.  So, I decided to come home and take stock of what I had in the pantry, fridge and freezer and to eat a quick dinner before heading out.  Turns out, this was a really good move on my part.  Not only did I eat something good for dinner, I also realized that with a little thinking and planning, I could avoid doing much shopping for another week to 10 days.  It's been a while since I've done a grocery shopping freeze and after taking stock of what I have on hand, I should be able to stay out of the store, other than for fresh produce for quite awhile still and continue to eat good, healthy meals.  This upcoming weekend I don't have too many plans, so I will take advantage of the time to prep meals for the following week and peruse my cookbooks and the web to come up with some new ideas. 

Does anyone know of a website where I can plug in a few ingredients and recipes will come up?  I know they're out there, I just can't think of what they might be at the moment.  This should really help me come up with some new meals that I like and are easy to fix.  With the money I was going to spend at Costco, I think I'll make another payment on my credit card.  My goal is to have that paid off by New Years.  Wish me luck! 

Current debt:  $237,622.88

2 comments:

Sense said...

I think allrecipes.com does that? Good luck and good on you for resisting the urge to shop!!

kimberj32 said...

allrecipes.com is THE BEST website for that. I love to use my crockpot so another great one is http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/