Friday, August 24, 2012

Working WAY too many hours....

So, usually when I've been away for awhile it's a sign that things aren't going well, but lately it's all been going right!  We've been swamped at work lately and I've been working a ton of overtime.  Just this week alone, I put in 73 hours.  Woohoo!  That's helping me really make a dent in some of this debt.  My main goal right now is to have the credit card paid off by the end of the year and the car loan paid off at the end of 213.  Then it's full speed ahead paying down the mortgage and upping the retirement contributions.  My parents won't take any more than $2,000/year on the money I owe them, so I may as well put the extra to savings, mortgage reduction and retirement.  Usually when I'm making extra money I spend more, but since I've been working so hard, I've decided to continue being frugal and making the extra money work as hard for me as I've been working to earn it.  Seeing those balances drop so much quicker is very motivating to keep this up.  The funny thing is, I have so many things on my wish list, but none of them seem worth it when I've been working so hard to earn the money.  I've cut down on just about any extra spending, I'm sure it helps that when I get home from work, I'm too tired to go do anything.  I know that this isn't something I can sustain, so for now I'll just enjoy the extra money coming in and get ahead on some bills, feels really good! 

How are things with all of you?

Current Debt:  $239,728.33  (yay, it's under $240K!!)

1 comment: