Monday, April 30, 2012

A third of the year is gone already...

Where does the time go?  I can't believe we've already finished up 1/3 of the year!  While I'm not where I want to be with my goals, I'm making progress and all things are pointing to the bottom line looking SO much better by the time we are 2/3 of the way done with the year.  We're coming up on my favorite time of year and the one in which I tend to spend the least amount of money!  April always hits me hard because I have several big expenses to pay for, now it's smooth sailing for me until we get closer to the holidays.  The longer days are such a great thing, I can spend more time outside and relaxing with a good book or by the pool at my condo that I pay for regardless of whether I use it or not, might as well use it.  :)  I'm looking forward to seeing how little I can spend, while still having some fun.  I plan to be a tourist this summer in my own town and finally see several places here that I've never been to, even though I've lived here my entire 40 years.  Should be fun to get out and explore some new areas.  I have so much vacation time to use up and if I don't use it, I lose it.  That's not going to happen!  I'm looking forward to May 1st and seeing the change in my spending and how I'm looking at each and every purchase I make.  My goal is to have my car and credit card paid off by 12/31/13.  That will leave me with only my mortgage and the remainder of my debt to my parents, which they refuse to take more than $2,000/year in payments for, so I'll put the extra toward retirement and my mortgage.  :) 

I hope you are all having a wonderful spring! 

Current debt:  $243,615.69

2 comments:

Michelle P said...

What a great post! Sounds like you're going to have a great May

debtmaven said...

Sounds like a plan! I find it so funny that we are so alike. Both 40, both in the Seattle area, we even have the same get-out-of-debt date (except I don't have a mortgate). Anyway, hope it's as smooth sailing as you expect. Summer always means higher expenses for me with all the extra driving I do into the wilderness.