Monday, April 16, 2012

Pretty inexpensive weekend...

We finally had some GREAT spring weather around here and I spent most of the weekend outside enjoying it! Saturday started with a 5 mile walk and ended watching a baseball game, both totally free things to do. Sunday was a little overcast in the morning, but not bad enough to not get out for a walk, so out I went. Then a trip to Ikea. I don't think I've ever gotten out of there so cheaply!! Only $20.15!! Sure, I could have spent several hundred $$, but I'm trying something new...I am going to think about several of the things I saw and wanted and I will save up the money to buy them. I figure this will either make me take my time buying something, or I will decide I didn't really want/need it to begin with. I'm working really hard on not using my credit card and slowly paying it off. I've been in the vicious cycle for too long of making a large payment, then coming up short of cash for things and pulling the card out. NO MORE!! I've also been writing down EVERY single penny I am spending and this is making me very aware of the way I tend to nickel and dime my way further in to debt all the time. No more! If I don't have the cash to pay for it, I don't need it. Wish me luck!

Current debt: $240,686.82 (seems to be stuck here...)

1 comment:

debtmaven said...

Good for you! I've been in a very similar mood lately. NO CREDIT CARDS. No cycle of big spending, paying it off, then using it again. I'm also looking at my finances with a microscope, way more than I've done in years, and really thinking about purchases several days before I left myself spend. It's paying off, but it's only been about 3 weeks now. Best of luck, you're taking the right path!