Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The start of a new month...

and time to put all those poor money decisions of January behind us. OK, well there weren't really all that many bad money decisions, just not a lot of progress on the debt repayment. 2 steps forward 3 steps back is about what it felt like, but I know it really wasn't that bad, more like spinning my wheels and getting no where. Standing still is better than falling behind, right? The credit card has been put away and will not come out again unless there is a REAL emergency and hopefully that won't be coming up anytime soon.

I filed my taxes today and I'll be getting a refund of just over $1,000 which I'll use to pay for my season tickets for football this year and still have some left to put toward debt reduction. Not a lot, but a little bit and that helps. I've also reallocated money from my paycheck to my savings so that come April, I'll have the money needed to make my annual loan payment to my parents. This year is exciting, it marks the halfway payment of the loan! Yay! The BF is also making payments to me monthly to pay off the $1,500 I loaned him, so I'm putting that toward the payment to my parents as well. He's also working as much overtime as he can to get his debts paid down as quick as possible too. I think once his debts are within reason, he will probably be moving out and living on his own. It would be nice for both of us to have some space and since I live in a small 750' square foot condo, it's a little crowded. We brought his 60" TV over which is WAY too big and takes up WAY too much space, but then that might be the girl in me talking, I know how men are about their TVs. :)

Anyway, it looks like it might be a little bit of an expensive weekend with the BF having a birthday and all, but shouldn't be TOO bad. I hope you all had a great January and February is looking brighter and sunnier...

Current debt: $243,245.42

1 comment:

Varun Mishra said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.