Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Plugging along...

Seems like I'm just kind of going through the motions lately and I hate that feeling. I usually feel like this in the wintertime though and it makes me think that someday when I retire, I'm going to want to move somewhere a little sunnier for my winters. And when I start to feel like that, it makes me think about saving for retirement and getting my debts paid off, so that I can retire. I'll be 40 at the end of the month and of course that's got me thinking about retirement too. I'm lucky in the fact that I will receive a pension for sure when I retire, and I have been participating in the retirement fund at work up to 100% of the match, don't want to give away free money, and my accounts are all up at the moment. :) But thinking about all of this stuff has really got me wondering what I need to do to get down and dirty serious about being able to retire when I'm 60. That's what I'd really like to do, so I guess it's time to make an appt. with my financial planner and look at our road map and see where we've been, where we are at and where we are going. Stay tuned y'all, hopefully I'll have some inspiring words of wisdom from him soon to pass along.

Current debt: $243,449.79

No comments: