Monday, February 6, 2012

My goodness the money flows easily...

Ugh! It was an expensive weekend and I didn't even really do anything all that fun! Friday after work I had a chiropractor appt. and then I had to go buy the BF's birthday present. Got home just in time to wrap it and sit down long enough to say, ahhh, before he walked in the door and we were off again, out the door to dinner. So, $150 later for his gift and dinner, we made it home and called it a night early, he had to be at work early the next morning. Saturday I rose soon after he headed out the door for work and got ready for the day, and off to the grocery store I went. I grabbed my cart and opened my purse to find that I'd forgotten my list and all my coupons at home! Dang I hate that! So, back home I went (what a waste of time and gas!) to grab my stuff and head back to the store. Groceries rang up to $90.99, then I scan my loyalty card and all my coupons come off, bringing the total down to $38.17. Not bad! And that included a bottle of wine and a 6-pack of beer!! After putting all the groceries away and doing my weekly cleaning, I am off again, this time to the eye Dr for my annual exam. Ugh! I have a condition with my eyes where my pupil's don't react to light and remain dilated at all times, well, you can imagine what it cost to correct this problem and my new specs set me back $418 after my insurance kicked in their portion. Totally sucky!!! The rest of the day thankfully was free of spending and I had a nice quiet afternoon and evening at home alone, the BF ended up having to work a 12 hour day. Sunday morning, the phone rang at 4:52 as the BF was on call and had to go in to work. He arrived home at 9:00 with a piping hot latte for me to enjoy while reading the paper, that was very sweet of him. (he had forgotten that I was out for coffee with my BFF), but that's OK, I enjoyed a short latte with her and it was fun to catch up. The rest of Sunday passed by nicely with a relaxing day of hanging out at home with the BF and watching the game. Was it just me or where there not really that many great commercials this year? Anyway, here it is Monday again and I'm back at work and really must run now, lots to do...

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and are starting to see the first signs of spring like I am, some of my tulips have started sprouting! Yay!

Current debt: $243,045.42

1 comment:

Kimberley said...

Great job on the grocery savings! You are so right about the Super Bowl commercials, but my favorite one was with the dog working out to catch the Volkswagen Bug, very cute!