Friday, January 6, 2012

Payday, oh how I love thee...

1st payday of the new year and all the payments to my various debts will start clicking away and reducing that huge number! This check also included a bonus of 2 extra days of pay which is really nice to help put a dent in the debt. I know some people think that you should use a bonus for something fun, but my feeling is that I must have already done the something fun, hence the debt! :) Car payment, credit card payment will both hit today and then I have a few smaller payments that will go next week. Yay!

I hope everyone has had a great first week of 2012 and is looking toward a happy, healthy and prosperous year ahead!

Have a great weekend and may it be a frugal one as well!

Current debt: $242,869.16

4 comments:

Michelle P said...

I hope you have a great weekend!

Sharon said...

Does your current debt include a mortgage? Just curious..I couldn't remember.

Congrats on paying down the debt (instead of spending it...) you'll be glad you did! :)!

Here's to a great New Year!

change is a good thing said...

Thanks Michelle, you have a great weekend as well!

Sharon, yes it does include a mortgage of which $198,750 of the debt total is. It's my biggest debt, then my car loan of around $26,000, the rest is credit card debt.

Melinda said...

I am so glad that you are back posting updates again! I have always enjoyed your blog!!!