Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 4 of no spending...

We've been getting hit really hard with snow this week which is not something we are prepared for around here. Thankfully I've been able to get to work everyday, loving my new Volvo, it's been great! Most businesses are closed today, so at work it's been very quiet, not too many phone calls and I'm getting a lot done, yay! The BF and I have been making a conscious effort to not spend money needlessly and we've been doing a really good job of eating from our existing stock of food and getting a little creative when don't have everything we want for a full meal. I love that we are having so many days without spending and really enjoying it. The other night we even turned off the TV (saving money on electricity) and had a great time playing Yahtzee! I've been 3 full weeks now without any Excedrin and I'm feeling great. I think I'm past the withdrawal headaches that I was having and am feeling pretty good. Now I need to get my butt back in to exercising and working out, I know I will feel so much better once I do. I've also been making myself drink water in between every diet Coke and this is helping me feel better along with saving money. I'm not ready to give up my diet Coke habit altogether, but these small steps are at least in the right direction.

Hope you are all having a great week!

Current debt: $242,805.55 (feels like I'm stuck at this number, but I know it will move again soon!)

3 comments:

Michelle P said...

Stay safe in the snow!

Kimberley said...

Great job that you and BF are doing, keep it up! Are you have withdrawals from the diet coke?

Melinda said...

Sounds like you are doing really good and keeping an upbeat attitude! Good job!

Sounds like alot of snow!!