Tuesday, January 3, 2012

1st working day of the year...

Wow! What a fun, relaxing and relatively inexpensive holiday weekend. We did go out to dinner on Friday night, but that was with a gift certificate, so the total cost was ZERO!! Yay! Saturday was a nice lazy day until it was time to go to the NYE party at my brother's house. I made caramel corn and peanut butter cup bars, both of which I had ALL of the ingredients for already and didn't spend anything to make. Had a great time with family and friends at the party and came home on Sunday morning (we always spend the night, no reason to drive!) Sunday was an even more relaxing day than Saturday was and again we didn't do anything! I love days like that. We stayed home all day and watched football and movies, again a total spend free day! I like the start of this year so far! :) Monday we decided to go out and get some fresh air and go for a walk. We had to go to the gas station, ouch!, that was $67.00, but thankfully for me that will last about 3 weeks or a little more if I'm good about running errands in a thoughtful manner. Then we went to Starbucks and I added $25 to my prepaid card, but that will last me several weeks as this is now only a once a week treat for me. When we returned home I made dinner with ingredients we had on hand and it was delicious! Brought leftovers for lunch today and so far today, I've spent no money. We're going grocery shopping tonight, but it's BF's turn to buy the groceries, so it's going to be another no spend day for me!! AWESOME!

And I have about $40 coming in from surveys completed in late December, which will go straight to debt reduction. YAY!!

Current debt: $243,256.26 (looking forward to some payments hitting later this week!)

4 comments:

LBC Teacher said...

Wow, way to start the year off right! I made a dinner with what was on-hand tonight, and might try to do it again tomorrow!

Jen said...

What a great start! Where do you take these surveys? I'd love to check them out. Thanks!

Kimberley said...

Keep up the good work!!!!

change is a good thing said...

Thanks! Jen, the surveys I do are the sites listed on the right hand column of the blog. Last year I earned over $2500 from surveys!