Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Working on the goals for 2012...

Well, as I said yesterday, a major goal for this next year for me is to get my debt under control and finally taken care of. My BF is also doing the same thing, so I think it will be great for he and I to have these similar goals that we can help cheer each other on with. He also needs to get his name off of the title to the house that he and his ex-wife had. She was awarded the house in the divorce and is also responsible for the debt associated with it, but we're having a heck of a time trying to get his name off of the deed. Does anyone know how to go about this? He wants to make sure he's not going to be responsible for any of the debt associated with it should she default on the mortgage. She's not in a position to refinance right now, so that's not an option, but it looks like he should be able to file something to get his name off of the property. I believe it's called a quit claim deed? Does anyone know? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

My other goals for the year are to bring my lunch to work more often so that I'm not eating out, which I rarely do, but I'd also like to make sure I'm eating a better lunch rather than just snacking my way through the day, not really paying much attention to the lack of nutrition in what I'm eating. And to cut back on the diet Coke and work on drinking more water.

What are your goals for 2012?

Current debt: $243,283.30 (ugh! going in the wrong direction!)

4 comments:

Harry said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

Thanks!

Harry
harry.roger10@gmail.com

Mom of G said...

Your BF doesn't have any financial obligation to the house unless his name is on the note(mortgage). The deed reflects "ownership". The note reflects financial obligation.

change is a good thing said...

Thanks Mom of G: He is the one listed on the mortgage, but she was awarded the house in the divorce and was named as the one responsible for the mortgage associated with it. She, like most people are upside down in the house right now and is unable to refi. Any ideas how he can show that he's no longer liable for the debt?

Petunia 100 said...

Does the ex-wife qualify for a refi under Harp 2.0?