Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Plugging away...

Why does it always seem like I am working on paying off debt?? Seems like I've been doing this for the past 10 years. Ugh! I'm fortunate enough that I've been employed consistently and never been unable to make a payment on time, but it seems like I just keep making decisions that continue to put me in debt. Ugh! I wish I had not purchased my condo back in 2007, but at the time, how was I to know that the housing market would crash so drastically?! Oh well, like I said, at least I have a job and am always able to make my payments on time, even pay a little more than what is due, it could be worse, and I know it is for many.

I'm starting to look at my Christmas shopping and what I want to get for the few people I shop for. I'm trying really hard to figure out something that is more meaningful and less expensive. My brother and I usually go in on something for our parents together and since they are able to buy themselves anything they want, I think I'll see if he wants to figure out something like a monthly family dinner where he and I do all the work.

My boyfriend and I have decided that we aren't going to buy each other gifts, we're just going to do something special together. We both have debt we are trying to pay off and I think it will be more fun to try to be frugal and figure out something together that will be more meaningful. We also really enjoy just spending the time together, so I think we'll play games, watch movies, cook together, stuff like that.

That just leaves my niece and nephew to figure out. They are 9 and 13 and shouldn't be that hard. ;) They tend to give MORE than enough ideas!!

Does anyone have any really great, inexpensive gift ideas for all ages? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Do you have any special traditions that you look forward to every holiday season?

3 comments:

Sense said...

bananagrams! it is a really fun game for many ages. my family and I have a blast playing it. they have games for all levels:

http://www.bananagrams.com/

Louise said...

I give neices and nephews books, movie tickets, lollies or a gift voucher.

Petunia said...

I want to hear more about this BF. :)

This year I will be paying for Christmas mostly with credit card rewards. I was just approved for my latest one, a Chase Southwest card. For making one purchase, I will earn 50k bonus rewards points, which I can then cash in for $500 worth of gift cards. I just hope they arrive in time for gift giving.