Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Change in the ticker...

I've decided that debt is debt and regardless of what it is for, it's the total of what I owe. I've redone the ticker at the top of the page to be all inclusive of my debt. This will include credit card debt, the loan from my parents and my mortgage debt. I think that if I see the BIG picture it will motivate me more to do what I can to continue working toward reducing this amount any way possible. That over $200,000 amount is awfully daunting...let's hope I can quickly get it under this number and continue to watch it decline. Realistically I know that I don't owe anymore now than I did this morning, but just seeing the grand total has given me a new outlook on it. The $11,000 in credit card debt was not pretty, but didn't bother me near as much as seeing the big number of all debt added together.

What tricks do you do to help keep yourself motivated?? Do they work??

4 comments:

single mom, ditching debt said...

your blog had always kept me motivated as I think it's been almost three years since I've been checking in here

The Executioner said...

I like what you've done. Pay off the credit cards first, but don't stop there. There is no such thing as "good" debt.

ifiwereawealthygirl said...

I also use my blog. I created a thermometer and printed it out. As I pay down my debt I color it in.

Out My window said...

I hear you. My 21,000 give or take in cc and business line debt is not so daunting. Even the newer car does not bother me. I know I will pay all of these off in less than two years. But when combined with the HELOC and the Mortgage. It is scary! Good for you looking at it every day! Now give me strength.