Monday, March 21, 2011

Y'all are NOT going to believe this...

So, things have been going along really smoothly and I'm liking my new strategy for paying off the debt. It's been a little difficult restraining myself from making extra payments when I see the money sitting in my checking account, but I know I need it right now for day to day expenses and for the big loan payment coming up next month to my parents. Anyway, about a week and a half ago the ex sent me an email saying that he wants to pay me back at least the amount I had to pay him as a settlement for the divorce, $3,000. Now that he's working again, and actually working quite a bit, he feels that he needs to pay that back to me in order to feel better about himself. I told him that he didn't need to, but any assistance would be appreciated. So, last Tuesday, I'm home sick with a horrible migraine, and what should appear in my mailbox but a check for $1,000 with a nice letter and a promise to send another one soon. I deposited it in to my account, but haven't yet done anything to spend the money, I figure it's best if I wait to make sure it clears the bank. :)

Other than that, not too much going on here, it was a nice quiet weekend where I stayed home most of it reading and relaxing. I did go to my volunteer shift at the food bank, but otherwise I was pretty much home enjoying the peace and quiet. Didn't spend a dime this weekend and that was really nice too. Hope you all had a great weekend as well...

HAPPY SPRING!!!

8 comments:

Petunia said...

What a pleasant unexpected surprise! I like your plan to let it clear before doing anything. I love your plan to stop using your cards, budget for expenses, and pay what you can afford to pay on the debt. Personally, I cannot make any progress if I am paying everything I have on the card but then using it to cover expenses. It just doesn't work well for me.

Live Simply- Live Well said...

that is awesome!
what a nice surprise

LBC Teacher said...

Wow, that was decent of him. Gotta give credit where credit is due. Once it clears that will be great to pay off some debt with!

Melinda said...

WOW!! Awesome!!!!!!
Glad to hear you are doing good and had a good weekend. :)

Sharon said...

Now that is a happy change of events!

Myrina Stein said...

Hello,

I am myrina stein, associated with some financial communities. I am a regular reader of your blog (changecanbeagoodthing.blogspot.com) and trust me I really like reading your blog.Your articles are informative and worth reading.

I am a financial writer and I would like to contribute an informative and relevant article for your blog without charging you a penny.

I can give you a guest post and I assure you that it will be published only in your blog.

Please let me know your thoughts. Waiting for your positive reply. Reach me at, myrina.stein.888@gmail.com

Please feel free to get in touch with me regarding this anytime if you are interested.

God Bless,
Myrina Stein
Face book profile:
(http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001970691460)

Kimberley said...

That is great news, keep up the good work!!

Sense said...

Whoa! glad he is stepping up. that is fantastic news, i'm so happy that he is realizing what he did to you--financially at least!