Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Serious spending freeze in March...

OK, so I took inventory on what is in my cupboards and in my closet for March and I should be able to make it through the month on a VERY tight budget, I'm thinking that I will be able to go through a lot of the food that is in my cupboards and eat through what's there before having to buy more. I'm sure you must all think I'm crazy, but I'm really trying hard to get this darn debt paid off by the end of the year and I really want to make some significant progress in the next couple of months, so I'm really buckling down and tightening the belt. I have 2 $100 gift certificates for local restaurants that will net me plenty of food to help me get through the feeling of being deprived.

I have about a dozen books coming from the library and they will keep me entertained for the month of March along with several movies that I have on my DVR that I've been recording. As much as I'd love to go to a concert coming up, I'm going to pass this time around and use the savings to put toward this debt. As I said at the beginning of the year, this is my year of frugality and while I haven't been spending much, I also don't feel like I've been doing much to sacrifice in spending and if I make more of an effort, I think those efforts will be rewarded in seeing more progress being made to reduce the debt.

I'm going to live like a pauper for awhile and I'm OK with that. I just want this darn debt off my back so I can move forward with my life...that's all, same story as usual, but I'm looking forward to seeing some more progress. Wish you all a frugal day...

6 comments:

Sharon said...

You are a girl on a mission! You can do this!!!

Live Simply- Live Well said...

way to go.
i wish when everyone was trying to get out of debt they had your drive and desire and willingness to sacrifice.

Melinda said...

I dont think you are crazy at all! One of the reason I love this blog is that you aren't afraid to go to the extremes on getting out of debt. Its motivating for me! A few years ago, I bought the book Save Karyn off of Ebay. Have you read that book? Good luck to you, and keep us posted. Has the Ex left you alone?

James Martin said...

That's some dedication and inspiration for others to stay focused and eliminate debt! Very impressive. I can relate to your story, I have been paying off credit card debt for a couple of months and now finally after paying it of, I am opening a savings account with Aurora Bank, where I found some really good rates to make my money grow! Can't wait to see the results of the hard work of having financial discipline ;) Can't wait to hear about your story in a few months after your are done pay your debt!

MyATM said...

You can do it! Just don't entertain negative thoughts. Be determined to be frugal and I'm sure you'll go a long way. And keep on blogging! Thanks.

kristinewatson99 said...

I'm liking your site. I need to keep reading and following in attempt to be successful myself.

Thanks! Luckymom