Thursday, January 6, 2011

Mint.com

So, I decided to give www.mint.com a try for tracking my spending and helping me attain my goals this year. I just joined yesterday and so far I love, love, love it! It's great how you can set the parameters to your exact needs and it updates in real time to show you a clear picture of your finances whenever you log in. I'm really excited to be using the goals section of it to help me keep track of paying off my debt. It'll be fun tomorrow to log in and see my paycheck in there and again next week when I have several payments set to be made against my debt. Looking forward to seeing the balances go down and my financial picture look rosier all the time. :) Does anyone else use Mint? I'd love any feedback you may be able to give me. Thanks!

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Hmmm, you are not the first person to say the LOVE mint. I'll have to check it out!

Petunia said...

I just started using Mint in December. So far, I love, love, love it too! :)

I did delete my goals though, instead I set them up as budget items. It made more sense to me.

It's helping me so far. I check it every day.

pfstock said...

Coincidentally, I wrote a post yesterday about Mint.com and Yodlee on my blog at PFStock.com. I have been using Yodlee for years, but I've noticed that Mint.com has become increasingly popular. My post basically describes some of the issues that I've encountered with Yodlee. I haven't yet setup a Mint account, but would be curious if you encounter any similar problems, and how Mint works out for you. Thanks.

The Executioner said...

Mint is a nice tool. I've been using it for about 2 years now. It's not perfect (for example the goals are a bit oversimplistic), but they make regular enhancements to the site. And it's hard to complain about much because it's free.

kristinewatson99 said...

We were using Mint until some bugs started causing many of the transactions to double. They are aware of it and are attempting to fix it - but so far, nothing.