Thursday, January 13, 2011

Just chuggin' along...

I'm doing really well so far at getting this divorce debt paid down. I've thought twice every time I've been about to spend money and it's really helped. Just giving it that extra thought has me curbing my spending in so many ways. I'm challenging myself to have as many "No Spend Days" as possible and as of right now, I've only had 3 days where any money has left my wallet this year. Still doing everything I can think of to cut back on my spending and saving everywhere I possibly can. I'm feeling pretty optimistic that I will be able to pay this entire debt off by the end of the year, then I can get back to building up the savings and working toward other goals. It will be so nice to have the divorce debt paid off and I can finally close that chapter of my life for good.

How are you all doing on your goals and resolutions???

3 comments:

debtmaven said...

Good for you! You are so focused, I know you're going to make it.

As for me, I've put myself on a budget diet this year, and it's really working! I've never been firm about staying within my budget for groceries, or other things, and I'm so surprised at how well I'm doing. It's really keeping me from overspending, and there have been a lot of things I now know I need to get. There's something really uplifting in knowing that I both want and need something but to have that mental barrier that makes me say "no!" It's actually ok to not have something I need. Ya know, I did without, I can wait another month or two until I have the budget to pay for it.

IntricateSingleMomMind said...

Right now I have to learn how to save and budget, something I was never accustomed to. But here lies my situation where I was well taking care of as a kid, than had a great career making great money and than I got laid off and than depended on my husband. Now my husband has abandoned me and my daughter while 9 months pregnant and here I go having to live of unemployment and child support. Definitely find your blog inspiring. Definitely can use helpful hints how to save. Can't even afford a lawyer for this divorce!

Sharon said...

Glad you can move forward after the divorce...you are definitely on your way to financial freedom!

I'm trying to stay on task, but Murphy keeps visiting us in January. Hopefully finances will get better in February!