Thursday, January 20, 2011

It doesn't hurt to ask...

The worst they will say is no. I called Comcast today to find out about what a charge was on my bill that I was unfamiliar with. Turns out it was something that I definitely needed, so I couldn't remove it, but while I was chatting with the rep, I asked if there was anything I could do to reduce my bill. He took a few moments to look and came back with a $10/month reduction in a promotional rate I was already getting. He said because I had a perfect payment record, they could give me an additional $10 off per month, so because I have shown myself to be a good standing customer with a great payment track record, I was able to get my cable TV service for $24.95/month instead of the regular price of $60.99/month!!!! Wow! I was getting it for $34.95/month for the promotion I was on, but this is even better!!! Next is to try tackling Chase bank and the interest rate. I am currently paying 13.24% with them, but I have a card I can transfer the balance to which is at 8.24%, of course there is only a balance of $1387 left on this card, it might be best just to buckle down and pay this one off ASAP and then focus on the other one, this way I can avoid the balance transfer fees. Decisions, decisions....I'm looking for ways to cut all of my expenses as much as possible and hoping to use the extra to pay off this debt quicker than ever! Wish me luck!!

4 comments:

Petunia said...

You have good credit, right? Citi Platinum Select is offering 0% for 24 months, 3% balance transfer fee.

halfdozendaily said...

Well that was certainly worth a phone call wasn't it!? Awesome!!

Dreamin said...

Way to go! you are very right - it never hurts to ask.

Sharon said...

Hey! I just wanted to thank you for the fabulous idea of selling an old engagement ring. I saved a diamond necklace and ring from my previous marriage thinking that my two daughters would want them. They didn't. So I took them to a local jeweler and I received $1,160for both. I thought it was a fair deal. I remember my ex spent $600.00 on the necklace and $1,000 on the diamond. I got a little less, but it was relatively painless, AND I don't have to look at them anymore! So, thank you! How did you make out with your engagement ring?