Monday, January 3, 2011

2011...The Year of Frugality

at least for me it is! My goal this year is to get this divorce debt paid off 100% and to live as simply as possible for the next 12 months. I'm going to be putting every last nickel I can toward reducing this debt load and I know it's going to be tough and I'm going to have to forgo a lot of things, but I am ready to do it! I made a soup in my crock pot over the weekend that I love and can feed me several meals at a minimum cost. I froze half of it so I'll have meals for later and will eat it now for a couple of days. I'm going to try to learn how to make bread and I'm working really hard on cutting down my diet Coke habit. I use to drink 6 a day, now I am down to 1-2 a day and drinking a lot more water. I'm cutting meat WAY down out of my diet and am bringing my lunch to work every day. I've turned down the heat in my condo and am throwing on a sweater or a blanket over my lap. I'll be house sitting for my parents for almost the entire month of February, so that will help with both my food expenses and the utilities. I'm cutting the entertainment budget to almost nothing. I received a lot of clothes for Christmas, so I won't have to buy anything for quite some time which is nice and I stocked up on a lot of groceries in the past month as things were on sale. Feeling pretty good about the year ahead and although things are going to be tight in the budget, I know the feeling of success from paying off the debt will make this all worthwhile.

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 2011!

6 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Curious -- can you not use your savings to clear that debt? I see $11,000 but your net worth is $100+

Here's to a GREAT 2011 :D

change is a good thing said...

I don't have any savings to pay down the debt with. I wish I did, it would make it so much easier, but I'll get there. Happy New Year to you!

laura said...

Here's to a brilliant 'frugal' 2011 for you :)

debtmaven said...

Congrats! Looks like you have a fab. plan going forward. I'm rootin' for ya!

babybluewater said...

Wow, good luck with your goals this year! I think you'll do great :)

HS @ Our Debt Blog said...

Happy New Year! good luck with your new frugal goals!

HS