Thursday, December 2, 2010

Selling my wedding ring...

Well, the divorce is going to be final in 4 days...and since it's Christmas time and then Valentine's day coming up soon after, I thought it might be a good time to look into selling my wedding ring. My mom and I are heading the jewelers tonight with my ring to get an appraisal and to see what they think it's worth if I wanted to sell it. I have gotten a few offers from online places, but the place we are going to tonight is a family owned jeweler that my parents have dealt with for over 30 years and they know our family. I've spoken to the owner on the phone and he's excited to see what I have to bring in this evening. I'll let you all know how it goes. Wish me luck! :)

6 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Selling online is probably going to net you less than with a well known jeweler.

Good luck!

Petunia said...

Good luck tonight!

I was married for 18 years, have been divorced for 4 years now. Just this last weekend, I gave my wedding ring to my daughter. She is 20 and has been married for 2 years. She and her husband had very inexpensive rings (think costume jewelry). So I decided to get mine cleaned and have a missing stone replaced, then gave it to her. I had kept it because I thought it might be special to her someday.

You're moving forward, be proud of yourself.

halfdozendaily said...

Good luck! Hope you get what you're hoping for!

Dreamin said...

Good Luck!

The Brick Cottage said...

Best of luck to you!

Sharon said...

I would LOVE to know how much you can get for it. I have an engagement ring from my ex-husband that I've held onto for years...it may be time to sell it myself!