Monday, August 9, 2010

A challenge for myself...

I'm pretty good at bringing my lunch to work most days, but there are always those days where I just don't feel like packing a lunch, or I forget...so, I am challenging myself not to buy my lunch at all from now until the end of the year. I need to get better about doing this ALL the time, so if I challenge myself this way, I bet I can do it. I need to get better about eating something really good at night for dinner that I'll want to eat as leftovers for lunch too. I'm not great about cooking for myself, but this will help me get better. And I really need to learn to shop the grocery ads and buy the loss leaders at all of the stores. I pass by them all twice a day going to and from work, so there's no reason I can't do this. Must get the grocery spending under better control and stop eating out at lunchtime. Anyone care to join me???

4 comments:

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

Good for you! I can't even imagine how much I've saved by bringing lunch from home. If you do forget, a great way to save money is just to stop in the nearest grocery store and pick up a microwave meal. It's just as easy as going to a fast food restaurant, but costs at least half as much.

Live Simply- Live Well said...

for sure. i will.
i usually bring my lunch everyday anyways!
have you looked into couponmom.com
she works out the deals at the stores each week in every state.
i use her before i go shopping and have cut my grocery bill in half.

Sharon said...

I'm with you on getting the groceries under control..and it's so true about taking lunches..

Actually, it's better food when you take from home...I just need to be more creative when I take my lunch! Saving going out to lunch for special occasions makes them just that...special.

I'm with you on the challenge...till the end of the year?

LBC Teacher said...

I bring my lunch almost everyday...there's no time to go off campus during my half hour lunch, so that's really my only choice. I'm a big fan of crockpot recipes that freeze well. I freeze them in individual servings. It makes taking my lunch easier since I hate packing it. Good luck!