Thursday, August 5, 2010

August is off to a good start...

So far I've had 3 no spend days this month and am doing really well controlling my urge to spend. I almost ordered a rice cooker today but caught myself before I hit send on the order. I don't need a rice cooker right now, I can continue cooking my rice on the stove top like I've been doing for quite awhile now, it works just fine. I would really like to find another pot for cooking, I have a 1 quart, 2 quart and 6 quart. I'd really like to find a 4 quart, but do I need it? No. I'd much rather focus on getting this last bit of debt paid off and work on getting my savings back up and add any extra money to the mortgage. Besides, I know my car will need replacing eventually and I'm trying really hard to avoid unnecessary spending so I can build up the savings for replacing the car when I need to. I've decided to cut meat out of my diet for the most part too, this will really help me save money and lower my cholesterol as well. Looking forward to a weekend of little to no spending and very little driving if I can help it. :) Wishing you all a great summer weekend as well...

4 comments:

Moneyapolis said...

Not to be a bad influence, but a rice cooker is pretty darned convenient. I've been really happy with the $16 Rival one I got at Target last year!

Live Simply- Live Well said...

you are doing well on no spend/drive days! way to go on tackling that debt so fast. what an inspiration.

Grace. said...

Rice cookers are one of those appliances (along with crock pots) that are always showing up at garage sales. That's where I got my four cup cooker than I love. Or put a "wanted" post on freecycle. I bet you can find one with little effort.

LBC Teacher said...

Good for you! Your small sacrifices really will add up and inspire me to think the same way!