Monday, July 12, 2010

I've hit a plateau...

Well, things have been busy since I last posted, but not much really to report. I've been plugging along still trying to pay off the debt and it's getting down there, but it's like those last few pounds when you are dieting, I just can't seem to get the final $2000 paid off. I've filed for divorce and had to pay $280 for that, but it was money well spent. I've been working out a lot and been trying to eat healthier and feeling better for doing so. Work has been crazy busy lately, so I've been exhausted by the time I get home, so sleeping well, which is a nice change of pace. I'm not sure why I can't seem to get this final amount paid off of the card, I'm going to take a good look at the the statement and see where the money is going and I think it's time to put the card away and live on a cash only diet to stop the spending leaks. I really want to have this paid off ASAP and I think having the card in my wallet is making it too easy to just pull it out and spend when I think I want to.

On a positive note, I did receive a $50 payment from Vindale research and a $50 visa gift card from T-Mobile for my new phone. I had to get a new phone and new cell phone plan when the soon to be ex disconnected my phone when I moved out. Thankfully I was able to go on my family plan and it will only cost me about $20 per month for my cell phone. Yay! These 2 items will definitely make it easier to get my budget back in line the way it should be.

I also think I've been way too social lately as far as spending goes. I need to stop the going out and spending so much money, time to tighten up the purse strings again. Ahh, it was fun while it lasted.

8 comments:

Moneyapolis said...

Given all the stress you've been under, don't beat yourself up too much over a little spending leak! You'll get the debt paid off in no time so just keep taking care of yourself. :)

singlemom said...

Being social on a low budget is tough.

I'm in the last $1,433ish of debt!

In Ontario we have to wait a year of being separated before getting divorced :(

Sharon said...

You'll get it paid off, for sure! Keep plugging away..you are doing great. Cash only certain curtails your spending..which I'm learning first hand!

Anonymous said...

Hey!! Just wanted to say that I love your blog, I recently came across your blog from another site. Just curious, how did you get to file for divorce so quickly?

Thanks! Keep up the good work!!!

change is a good thing said...

Thank you! I'm working on getting it all paid off as quickly as possible now and have relegated myself to a cash only diet. :)

Anon~
I have just filed for the divorce, it won't be final for 90 days still, that's pretty standard here in Washington, but I know it's different in many other places.

Emily said...

Hi,

I am the webmaster of some finance related sites and my sites are doing fine in major search engines. While searching in search engine I have found your website (http://changecanbeagoodthing.blogspot.com/) and as we both are in the similar field I would like to exchange links with your site.

I have some healthy content pages in my websites and will give you some healthy links from my websites.

So, if you are interested then kindly send me your link details. I will activate your links within few minutes.

I can assure you that you will get good Search Engine value from our link.

If you are not the concerned person, then kindly forward this mail to the webmaster concerned.

Waiting for your reply to come.

Regards,
Emily Jones
Email:-emily.jones025@gmail.com



N.B: -- This message contains personal, privileged, and confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee,you are NOTIFIED not to disseminate, distribute,re-transmit, copy, or utilize this e-mail, and contents herein. Please notify the sender immediately by return email if you have received this e-mail by mistake. You are FURTHER NOTIFIED to delete this e-mail and any attachments, as well as any copies made thereof, from your computer system(s). The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message and unless explicitly stated otherwise, does not intend to give legal advice or enter in an attorney-client relationship.

LBC Teacher said...

I definitely had to take my credit cards out of my wallet and not make them an option! You can do it! Also, not sure where you live but I've been trying to take advantage of free summer activities in the community for my socializing. Good luck!

Moneymonk said...

We tend to be so focus on one thing-we forget to balance