Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Somewhat of an agreement made...

So, I have moved out and am all settled back in my old place and things are getting back to my normal old routine, I'm finding my groove again. Yesterday I received a check from my husband for $11,000 to pay off the condo related debt for his condo on my credit cards. I deposited it yesterday afternoon and to my surprise the bank already showed the funds 100% available. Normally they would hold a portion of it for several days to a week. I happily logged in to my credit cards this morning and paid one off completely and the other more than 75% of the way payed off. Now that's the kind of progress I like to see!! Should only be about 3 more months until I am completely debt free besides my mortgage. Then it will be time to beef up my savings and start putting money away to replace my 10 year old car. Ahhh, progress! :)

8 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

I'm glad your husband paid up and you could clear so much from your cards, must be a relief!

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

That's so good to hear!

Moneyapolis said...

That's great news! Congrats on the progress.

MoneyGirlDC said...

Hi - I just found your blog and can relate a bit to your situation. I'm also in the process of divorce and rebuilding my finances as a single-again woman. I haven't blogged about the divorce yet, but I was lucky it was very amicable. It looks like your STBXH has some issues that are making yours a little bit less than amicable. I'm really sorry for that -- you will get through it!

No Debt Guy said...

Congratulations! Getting the credit cards paid off will be a great accomplishment!

Jerry said...

Congrats on the progress! It's a good feeling, huh? And, I hope the momentum leads to paying it all off in a few short months. I hope you can get a reliable newer car with cheap insurance so you can stay in stride and move forward. All in good time!

Petunia said...

Since STBX is keeping the condo the two of you bought together, you need to be sure that your name is off of the title and the mortgage.

Is he able to refi into his own name only?

change is a good thing said...

Petunia~
The condo he is keeping is the one he bought prior to our marriage, it's in his name only, but a lot of the money for the down payment and renovations came out of my savings. I had already owned a home so he took advantage of the first time home buyer tax rebate. He's currently trying to refi it though and in Washington, a community property state, he needs me to sign a quit claim deed to it before he can refi. We're heading to mediation in a couple of weeks, so we'll see how likely he is to negotiate with me and give up his ridiculous requests. Thanks for your concern, I'm slowly getting through this.