Monday, May 3, 2010

Getting ready to move and selling some stuff...

I am getting ready to move back in to my old condo and I am excited to be going back there. In the meantime, I am working on cleaning up some stuff and selling some stuff I don't need or want. Today I sold my full set of Harry Potter hardcover books on half.com and am pleased that I won't have to move them and I have made a little extra money on something I don't plan on needing or wanting again. The extra money will also help pay some of the debt down that was incurred while my husband and I were renovating our kitchen. I still haven't told my husband that I am moving back to my old place, in fact, I'm waiting until a day or two before I move. This is kind of the chicken way to do this, but it'll make the time easier to get through until it's time to move. I'm not sure how he's going to react, so I'm going to keep quiet until it's time to go. Is that bad? I'm really hoping he has to go out of town this month for work, finally he's back to his job and he should be needing to travel soon, so hopefully that will happen and I can move while he's out of town and it won't be so awkward. I'll be open and honest about telling him I'm leaving, but it would be much easier if he weren't around while I was moving stuff out. I'm also already mentally going through our stuff and figuring out what I will leave and what I will keep, I think I'm being pretty generous about what I'm planning on leaving for him. UGH! This whole thing is going to be so much better when it's behind me. I feel like I am living in limbo and just want to move on to the next phase. Not too much going on, but I thought I would let you all know where things stand. It's going to be better soon, I know it will. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be sure to speak to an attorney before moving out. In some states it can negatively affect your position in the divorce settlement proceedings if you moved out first.

paisley penguin said...

Good luck to you! If I remember correctly you lived near me before. Welcome home soon!

Daizy said...

In my state you can move out and then get a divorce(from what I have heard). If you file for divorce and haven't moved out your stuff will be stuck in limbo until the divorce is final. I have heard some very messy stories about fighting over stuff that lasts for years.

Ann-Marie E. said...

Hey, I was doing some research on starting my own "frugalista" blog and came across yours.

I admire your courage for taking us through the financial and emotional side of your separation. Gives all of us young married gals pause. The fact that you were prepared mentally and materially to move forward with life says a lot about your character.

Good luck to you.

singlemom said...

I hope it all works out the best for you.