Wednesday, May 19, 2010

All moved and settled in...

I finally was able to retrieve all of my possessions from the condo that my husband and I lived in together and have moved back to my place. It feels really good to be back in my own space and have all my things around me, well except for the couches, he kept those, but I'm going shopping new ones this weekend. The move went fairly smoothly and it was easy to get settled in a place I'd lived before, everything went back in its place. All the pictures are on the walls and I'm settled. I'm still doing my counseling and he is still going as well, we even have a joint session later this week, hmm, maybe my actually moving out has opened his eyes a little? We both have issues to work on, I'm not without fault in the failing of our marriage, but we've got to see if we both want each other enough to try working on those things together. Should be interesting to see how it plays out. If he would first admit a drinking problem, I think we could make great strides in repairing our relationship, unfortunately, as of yet, he isn't admitting anything. I'll keep you posted on how it goes. Have a great day!

4 comments:

Moneyapolis said...

Oh, wow, glad you're settled back in your new (old?) home. Good luck with the counseling and figuring all this out.

Anonymous said...

Hi!! I have been following your blog forever - found you from Leigh Ann's blog - and I have never commented, but I just had to tell you that I think you are a very strong person, with all that you are dealing with. My divorce will be final in June, after 12 years and three kids. Completely sad, but I still keep my head up and know that God has a plan for my future. I hope things work out for you, I will keep you in my prayers. Melinda in SC

paisley penguin said...

Good luck! :)

Live Simply- Live Well said...

so glad that you have gotten out of there and back into your old house. i hope that everything starts to look up.