Thursday, April 29, 2010

Occassionally things go exactly right...

The other day I had to go to my condo that I am currently renting out and meet a maintenance person. I've been debating when to tell my renter that I wouldn't be able to renew her lease when it's up in December since I will be moving back in. I decided to bite the bullet and left her a letter when I was there on Tuesday. I wanted to give her as much time as possible to find a new place to live and would be happy to amend her lease for early termination if she found something. Turns out, she isn't staying at the condo but only a couple of nights a week and is wanting to move back in with her boyfriend. Yay! She actually wants to be out by the end of May which is great for me, since I am trying to move out of the home I live in with my husband. This opening makes it much easier for me to leave, knowing I have a place to go and since he still refuses to get help for his drinking and such, I am leaving. I've told him that I am leaving if he doesn't quit drinking and so far I don't think he believes me. I just can't do it anymore. Not only is his drinking bad, but he's still on minimum wage from his job and refuses to look for something else, even part time. That coupled with the fact that we have blown through my savings of about $30,000 and racked up almost $13,000 in credit card debt while he's been underemployed and renovating the kitchen, I am done! I just can't take anymore! I'm so looking forward to being back in own condo and answering only to myself and doing what I want, when I want. It'll be nice to have a quiet, uneventful life again. :)

2 comments:

LeighAnn said...

Wow. How long have you been married? That has to be hard. I can't imagine having to deal with someone like that. I have been married for 20 years to a wonderful guy. You will do great. Keep your chin up!

Daizy said...

I just came back to catch up on your blog and wow...a lot has happened. So sorry to hear your husband was not who you thought he was. You sound like you are doing the sensible thing by getting out before you get dragged down by his bad habits. It must be very hard to realise the life that you thought you would have is not to be, at least not with him. I hope you remember that there are many other possiblities for you and things will get better soon.