Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Counseling update...

Yesterday we went to our first joint counseling session, pretty sure it will be our last one too. H doesn't think that it's worth it and isn't even trying, he thinks it is a waste of time and money, I guess that gives me some answers. We both have individual appointments scheduled next week, not sure if he'll go to his or not, but I wouldn't miss mine. It's helping me a lot and I guess I should be grateful for that right now. I have the divorce papers all drawn up and am ready to file them, I'm just waiting for the "right" time to make my move. He is suppose to be going to California in a couple of weeks which will give me time to move my stuff out, file the papers and get on with my life. Ha, I make it sound so easy, don't I? It's not, this decision is one I have been grappling with since December and H isn't willing to make any changes so I guess it's time for me to cut my losses and learn to be happy on my own again. I actually am really looking forward to doing it alone again, I was doing quite well and was happy, I know I can get there again.

5 comments:

Moneyapolis said...

Oh, what a mess. Hang in there and maybe your counselor will have some good insights next week after talking to you both. I'm so sorry you're dealing with all this. :(

Sharon said...

I'm so sorry to hear. You are definitely trying, but if you are the only one willing, there is not much you can do.

its me, sam said...

I'm sorry to read about what's happening. Alcoholism is not good, and if he doesn't think he has a problem, it'll get even worse.

Sense said...

I'm so sorry. you seem to be doing so well with this!! good for you for trying, but if it isn't both of you trying, I don't see a good outcome. :(

it is totally his loss...you are a total catch!

singlemom said...

Sorry to hear this. I wish you a lot of strength to get through this