Tuesday, February 23, 2010

update on the kitchen...

Sorry...no pictures today, but we are really making great progress. I came home from work yesterday to a thin layer of dust over everything in the condo, but that's because they sanded the first layer of mud and applied the 2nd layer. No work being done today so the mud can dry, but they'll be back tomorrow to sand and texture. Then we get to paint and install our cabinets!! I can hardly wait! It's really starting to come together. Hopefully by the end of next weekend we'll have a fully functioning kitchen. Of course there will still be details to finish up, but we are doing really well and getting there finally. We're still trying to find our replacement stove, but I'm sure we'll find one. We have a couple of leads on refurbished ones which would be a great way to go, if we can find a good one. Those darn Jenn-Air internal downdraft stoves are EXPENSIVE, and since that is basically our only option, we are continuing to shop it and hope to find a new one soon. I'll keep you posted! I'm really hoping that next Monday I can do a post with all my beautiful cabinets in place. :)

3 comments:

Moneyapolis said...

That sounds great and I love the pictures!

I feel like I'm living the same kitchen renovation ordeal as you. We finally got the counters installed last Friday so it should hopefully be all finished this week. (Just need water, the dishwasher, and some trim around a window finished.) I can't believe we started this process in early November and it's already almost March!

change is a good thing said...

Isn't it amazing how long a kitchen renovation can take?! We tore our kitchen out middle of October, then we moved in to the place and got married, went on the honeymoon, and then the holidays. I have no idea why it's taking so long! Ha-ha! Can't wait to see more pics of your kitchen too. We'll have to have a virtual glass of wine or a beer to toast our kitchen completions! Hope it's soon!

Live Simply- Live Well said...

that is so exciting. i am sure you are so ready for it to be done.
cant wait for pics!