Thursday, February 25, 2010

Are y'all tired of hearing about the kitchen yet???

Because I know I'm tired of writing, thinking and talking about it. Well, we returned the incorrect range to Home Depot and were suppose to get store credit, but the dumb girl working there didn't notice that the purchase was over 5 months old and just put the credit back on our Home Depot credit card...thank you dumb girl!! We picked out colors for the walls and the construction crew finished yesterday, yay! So this weekend we are going to be busy painting the kitchen and next weekend when DH is back in town, we can hang the cabinets and install the appliances. Double yay! We finally found our new Jenn Air internal downdraft, electric range today also at a savings of $800. What should have been a $2400 range we found for $1599. I had e-mailed last week to several places to get price quotes, all were $2400 or higher. Over the weekend we drove all over looking for a refurbished one to no avail. Imagine my surprise when I received an e-mail today from a company right in the next town that had just found a range, last years model, still brand new in box and would sell it for $1599, full warranty attached. The only difference between this years model and last years model is a different handle on the oven door. I had my husband call the store right away and put the deposit on it, they are going to deliver it this Saturday, free delivery! Wow, what a great day this turned out to be. I really think I am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel on this kitchen project and I couldn't be happier about it! Pictures to come on Monday of my new kitchen walls and the pretty paint we picked out. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

4 comments:

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

To answer your question, no... I love reading about these things!

I'm actually in the market for new appliances. I hope I can score some great deals like you did!

change is a good thing said...

Kasey...we found out that Sept/Oct is usually when you can find places trying to clear out current models before the next year come out. So if you can last through the summer with what you have, you can save a boatload of money this way. Maybe start checking with appliance stores in August to find out what they do. We're super excited about the deal on our range.

paisley penguin said...

Great score on your range! Can't wait to see photos!

Live Simply- Live Well said...

so great on the range! way to go.