Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Mortgage payments made..

Happy new year to us! We have made both of our mortgage payments early, they were both due on 1/1/10 and they are both paid already. I love the feeling of seeing them go down, in fact, one of them it a milestone today. The mortgage on my condo dipped below $200,000 with today's payment! Yay! I can't wait to see it continue to drop and with my renter paying rent now, it should really help it plummet. New balances:

Condo #1: $199,999.99 (OK, so I just made it under $200,000!!)

Condo #2: $283,348.88

The car loan will be paid off in a couple of months too and then we'll be debt free except for the mortgages. Oh, if only we didn't have to do the kitchen remodel, I could send a ton of money to the mortgage, but since we've demo'd the kitchen and it's a big empty space, I guess we're committed to doing it now. Oh well, I know it will be so nice when we are done with it and it will totally be worth it. I keep telling myself that.

Happy holidays!

4 comments:

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

Congrats on all of that hard work! It must feel great to start off the new year on the right financial foot :).

Also, congrats on the wedding!!

The Executioner said...

Did you send in just enough that the balance would be a penny under $200K, or was that a crazy coincidence?

change is a good thing said...

Executioner: You caught me! :) I did add that extra penny to make it under $200,000, but that was on top of the extra $462 I had added. I just couldn't resist.

Thanks Kasey! Life will hopefully calm down a little bit now. Happy holidays!

John Lair said...

I recently paid my mortgage with the help of a loan company which provides unsecured financing. It was a great feeling that I was able to pay for it without sacrificing the income of my restaurant plus I was able to pay for before it had interests.