Thursday, September 3, 2009

GRRRR....

Gross! OK, so we got the keys to the new condo and I went there after work to do some cleaning! Sheesh! I know it's not like an apartment and the owner isn't trying to get a damage deposit back, but is it to much to ask that they clean the kitchen sink and scrub the toilets? Man oh man, this place is filthy! It's going to take awhile to get it in shape and I can be comfortable that it is clean. Isn't it common courtesy to at least do some basic cleaning when moving out of a place? I can't imagine that people think it is totally fine to just pack up there stuff and leave without a backward glance to the mess they are leaving behind. OK, must put my rubber gloves on and get back to cleaning! Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Live Simply- Live Well said...

good luck. that kind of stinks that the people were not more considerate of you. sorry!
happy cleaning

Little Miss Moneybags said...

I thought it was common courtesy to clean upon moving out as well, but apparently the people who lived in my apartment before me disagreed. I scrubbed my old apartment until it gleamed, and then I had to turn around and scrub the new one until it was sanitary too!

I feel your pain!

Chitown said...

Good luck with the cleaning. Now it's time to make the place yours. =)

An ostrich named Sam said...

When I bought my house over 5 years ago it was disgusting. The people had smoked in it ( which I didn't know)and i had to repaint the kitchen and living rooms because no matter how much scrubbing I did , you could still smell it.

The worse part of it was I couldn't complain too loudly because i worked with their daughter!

Sometimes its amazing to see how other people live. I still shudder when i think about it!