Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Found a tenant...

I'm super excited to report that I have found a tenant for my condo! My best friend mentioned to a gal she worked with that I was going to be renting my place out and the gal just happened to be looking for somewhere to move, out of the city and into the suburbs. I am very comfortable with the referral from my friend, I know she wouldn't steer me wrong, plus I have run the background and credit check, she has EXCELLENT credit and she is looking for someplace where she can stay for several years, although we'll start out with a 12 month lease. Yay, I'm so happy! I was very reluctant to rent my place out, but I think this is going to work out great! She is in her current lease until Nov. 30th which for us works out well. The new condo needs some work done on it and we aren't planning on moving in for a month or two anyway, so this will give us some much needed time to finish the repairs and renovations. Plus, I am getting more in rent from this gal than I thought I would be able to ask for the place. It's still not quite enough to cover the mortgage, but it's close. So excited! She has already put down her deposit, so it looks like we are set! I'll keep you posted if anything changes.

4 comments:

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

That's great! I've read some horror stories about young tenants that have big parties and destroy everything. It must feel nice to know that you have someone who will take care of the place and pay a nice amount!!

Live Simply- Live Well said...

that is awesome! it worked out perfectly for you!

paisley penguin said...

Congratulations!

Chitown said...

Great news!!!