Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Lots going on...

The garage sale last weekend was a big success!! I got rid of TONS of stuff and made some money to boot! We had great weather and my step dad did an amazing job with the signs which brought a lot of people in. When we were done we had only 3 small boxes of stuff to take to donation.

It's been REALLY hot here this week. We don't get this kind of heat often and it's tough for us to deal with. It's been in the mid to upper 90's, which may not sound too hot to some of you, but when you aren't use to it or equipped for it, it's unbearable. Very few people around here have AC, myself included. I don't even have a fan, so it's been really hot. I have been closing all of my blinds in hopes of keeping the heat out. Taking cool baths in the evening and drinking lots and lots of water. Haven't felt much like eating since it's been so hot, which is good for the wallet and the waistline! It's suppose to stay like this for at least another week!

Well, we did it! We made an offer this morning on a condo that we love! It's right downtown and we can walk to everything, something we both love and will take full advantage of. It's a great deal and needs minimal work to update it. I really hope we get it, it would make a great first step for us! I'll keep you posted, hopefully we will hear something today or tomorrow about it. I'm sure the owner will counter our offer, but we figured that so we put in a low offer with room to haggle. Keep your fingers crossed! :)

4 comments:

paisley penguin said...

I am over this weather. We have been keeping my neighbors dog at our place during the day cause we are a bottom unit and with two fans going all day/night we have managed to keep our place at around 77 degrees.

Today they are repaving our parking lot - oy!

Good luck on the new condo! I assume by downtown you mean downtown Seattle?

change is a good thing said...

I'm totally over this weather too. My current condo is a southwest facing, top floor unit that has become a little oven. :)

Nope, I mean downtown Edmonds. :) We are super excited and hope that we get it. We both grew up in Edmonds, so for us it is always going to be home.

thriftylittleblog said...

Good luck with the condo!!
Here, we've had over 20 days of 100+ but there is no way I could do it without AC. You definitely have it worse!

Live Simply- Live Well said...

I dont know how you stand the heat without A/C. That does not sound fun.
Love the new layout looks great!