Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Didn't sleep well last night....

Do you ever have one of those nights where you just can't sleep? And the harder you try to go to sleep, the more it eludes you? I fell asleep fine, but could not stay asleep. I woke up at 2:00am and I think I finally fell back asleep at 5:30, 30 minutes before the alarm went off! Darn it! I hate that! I'm not sure why I couldn't sleep, but all thoughts kept returning to money. We are doing fine financially, but we are still looking for a house and we may have found one over the weekend, we are talking about putting an offer in this week. We're pretty sure we are going to do that and we both feel that this is a great starter place for us as newlyweds, it will give us a little room to grow, as we are hoping to have kids soon, so it will hold us for a few years, when we will need to up size, but it fits in to our budget right now without stressing it. The F will still be traveling back and forth to California for work and since the company won't be paying for it, we will, we didn't want to buy something more expensive yet. We are going to have enough stresses in our lives, we don't want to add money stress to it as well. I think we are making a smart decision on this place, and I hope we get it, but buying a house is such a huge thing, and it is obviously stressing me out! Hoping we find out more about the place today and decide what we are going to do, maybe then I'll be able to get some sleep. Until then, coffee, here I come!

2 comments:

thriftylittleblog said...

Maybe part of it is that everything you've been working for is about to happen. It will be difficult to give up so much of the money that you've been saving, but having a home/ wedding will be completely worth it! I hope you get that house.

The Executioner said...

If you think you will need a bigger house down the road, have you considered just continuing to rent until you have enough money saved for your dream place?

You'll save money in the long run if you can find the place you want to live in for years, and don't have to deal with expenses associated with buying, selling, and buying again, not to mention moving, home improvements on two different houses, etc.