Thursday, July 23, 2009

Clearing stuff out...

I am taking tomorrow off from work and my mom and I are having a garage sale. My parents moved in to their house a little over a year ago and my mom decided it was time to clear stuff out, if they haven't opened the box yet, they probably don't need to keep it. And with me getting married in a few months, I know we will be getting all kinds of new stuff, so I have decided to get rid of a lot of my household goods I have had since college. It feels really good to clean out and go through stuff and purge all kinds of "extra" stuff we have lying around. I am getting rid of lots of kitchen stuff and I know it will be a little tough to get through the next months without some of this stuff, but it'll be great to already have room in the cupboards for the new stuff when we get married. Hopefully it will be a great day and we can get rid of lots of stuff. We have a plan that whatever doesn't sell by Saturday afternoon, we are taking to Salvation Army on Sunday, it's NOT going back in to our houses. ;)

2 comments:

Live Simply- Live Well said...

i love getting to purge things. it feels so great. sometimes i feel so bogged down by stuff and a good clean out always does the trick.

paisley penguin said...

I have been going through a MAJOR declutter and am contemplating a yard sale with a friend. Part of me wants to and part of me just wants it gone so I can actually live my life without all this stuff around.

Good luck - its supposed to be a GREAT weekend here weather wise!