Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Cleaning out the cupboards

So, I was giving it more thought last night about ways to reach our mini goal of having $20,000 in the bank by the end of August. At this same time, I was also looking at the sale fliers for the grocery stores. Then it struck me, why not try to eat up the food that we have in the cupboards before going to buy more, with the exception of course of produce and dairy, everything else, we have plenty of in the cupboard right now. So, it will be our goal over the next 2 and a half months to really clean out the cupboard and go through what is already on hand. I think I am just in the habit of shopping every week and just go through these regular motions without taking stock of what we already have. This will be good for us, not only in that it will save us money, but it will also allow us to eat some stuff that might otherwise have gone bad in the freezer. So far this month we have only spent $21.60 on groceries, I wonder what our total will be at the end of the month now.....

No comments: