Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Added more to savings...

Today when I got to work I found out what my paycheck will be this Friday, it was more than I thought, yay! So, I added another $127.15 to my savings account. This will get me through the next 2 weeks with $800 in my checking account and no bills to pay. I know this is more than enough to get me through, so I will undoubtedly be able to add more to my savings when the next payroll rolls around, but for now I am just going to leave it as is and will wait until next payday to transfer some more money. This coming Thursday is my 8 year anniversary at my job and will result in a raise, probably smaller than usual this year due to the economy, but every bit helps and this raise will go directly into my savings account as well.

I'm planning on today and tomorrow being no spend days....other than that, not too much going on around here these days. Just looking for any way I can to add money to my savings and get that balance up to over $20,000 by the end of August. At the rate I am going, this should be no problem at all. I have a stack of survey check payments at home that I just need to take to the bank, they add up to another $116, which will also be added to savings when I finally get around to going to the bank. Oh how I love to watch the savings account continue to grow, so much fun!

1 comment:

Live Simply- Live Well said...

Nice! We are throwing everything we have to fill our E-fund up. It feels so good to see every little bit move it up up up!
way to go!